29.7.10

The two latest blockbusters for the summer that I was very much excited to see was Inception and Salt. Inception was amazing, Christopher Nolan has another successful thriller in his hands. Aside from re-inventing Batman, Nolan brings an original idea, original script and a superb cast to achieve his dream…no pun intended. Nowadays, all you see in the movie-biz is sequels to movies (that should never be continued, eg. Twilight) and remakes of movies (Death of a Funeral....I much preferred the English version). The movie flowed seamlessly from one scene to the other...from one dream to the other. [SPOILER: I especially loved the non-gravity fight scene with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and the bodyguards. And the kick was dramatically drawn out in slow-motion.] I loved this movie, and would love to see it again (if I was so broke). This week, I saw Salt and although it was a good action movie that's all that it was...an action movie. Nothing was really original, just Russian spies against the United States, trying to take over the world...blah blah blah. What made it good were the stunts that Jolie did. [SPOILER: With two hands cuffed, Salt killed Liev Shreiber's character by strangling him as she is hanging from the outside of the staircases inside the White House. Ah, that was brilliant. And when she made that freaking "gun" from a metal leg of a table, a fire extinguisher and some awesome mixing of chemicals.] If you haven't seen any of these films, go check it out!!! What are you doing?!
Now, in other news, I am now a blonde. Yes, and it's growing on me. I think I might keep it. The only problem is that my older sister also has blonde hair (we went to the same salon) and our colors look similar. I'm not fond of long locks but I'm conflicted because my sister also has short hair and if I cut it, well we'd pretty much look the same and I'm not too keen on that. 
On my love life, there is no guy. There isn't even a potential guy either. I just keep meeting new guys that are just gonna be friends, nothing more. I once heard that guys and girls are never friends. We meet because we are instinctually attracted to the other. The only reason we become friends is because one or the other is unable to act on it and therefore leave the chemistry unmixed. This is a weird way to phrase it...but truth be told, I only remembered the first half of the saying. haha

2 comments:

Fort Greene Queen said...

Loooooved this post, M.J. (By the way, this is Krystal, from Joel's Theater Production class at Hunter. Fort Greene Queen is my screen name)

Yes, I keep hearing that "Inception" was excellent. I am finally going to see it next week with a friend...can't wait!

You're blonde??? Hmmmm.....


No guy? No prob! It happens when you least expect it, my sista......

xtine said...

Yes!!! About time you go and see it! lol
&& Yes, I am a blonde now. I will post a picture...maybe haha