I am currently listening to Across The Universe [Deluxe Edition] OST, and I must say it is the awesomest. Currently playing the song Dear Prudence and everyone was trained quite well. If you haven't seen the film yet, what are you doing? Go and see it already! It's truly one of those films that makes you think and leaves you in awe with the whole storyline and the special effects. It's one of those rare films these days that produces an idea. Just the other day, I saw another great film, Cloverfield by J.J. Abrams, producer of Lost, Felicity, Alias. That was one great film. And I'm just dying to go back and see it again. I liked the whole story and the fact that the ending didn't have a closed explaination, it was very open ended and that is what directors want in their movie. If a director manages to make the audience question what happened and produce their own endings, that's when they succeeded in making a great film. I also loved the fact that Abrams didn't include a long scene of his "Godzilla". I think that would've really ruined the film for me. If we saw more of the creature than we wouldn't have built up that suspenseful tension in our seats. Also watching the entire film reminded me of an episode(s) of Felicity called "Docuventary" and it was the same technique Abrams used when filming that episode to filming an entire film. It's like a handycam, first person POV look and that was very different from these days film. Due to the fact that it IS a "Suspense" film, it really makes you grab onto your seats and move along with the camera, it's like you're actually there, right on the streets of SoHo, watching this strange creature gobble the buildings. I can't help but be stunned after leaving the theatre, it was that great! I would love to see it again, definetly.
Huh...I thought I had more to right, but I guess trying to fiqure out my password slowly dissolved my interest. Other than the movies and the soundtrack nothing new is up--that I would like to talk about.
Hit you up real soon, not like year later. Sorry about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment